Before moving forward and discussing the essence and importance of MBTI personality types deeper, let’s start with a brief summary of how this system is set up.
Based on this, Isabel and Katharine developed 16 personality types. The bottom line of this theory is that every person is characterized by either of the below 2 letter-types of four major categories.
These MBTI personality types comprise the following categories:
- Extroverted (E) or Introverted (I);
- Sensing (S) or Intuitive (N);
- Thinking (T) or Feeling (F);
- Judging (designing) (J) or Perceiving (P).
According to the four categories, you belong to one pair based on what you are like. With this, you get a four-letter result that highlights the principal features of your personality.
First, let’s start with an example.
For example, you may be an ISFJ.
In this case:
- you are introverted (I),
- you as a realist is collecting and interpreting information from the outside world (S),
- you are more likely to take the conceptual background into account in your decision making rather than decide without empathy (F),
- you as a judger/designer prefer planning your activities (e.g. your travels) in advance, rather than engaging in your everyday life without plans (J).
What about being an ENTP type, for instance?
In this case:
- you are extroverted (E),
- you can see the consequences of certain events instead of being entirely realistic and ‘here and now’- information gathering. Also, you think more about our world, our lives or anything else compared to a realistic person (N),
- you are more inclined to make decisions based on mere logic, and you tend to take the conceptual background of a given situation to a lesser extent (T),
- you prefer having your opportunities kept open and flexible rather than planned (P).
All right, but how do I find out what my MBTI personality type is?
You actually can discover a variety of tests online (mostly in English). If you complete them out carefully and honestly, you will receive results that are most likely will match your traits.
However, we certainly recommend you taking multiple tests, since not all approaches and determines the types in the same way. If you want to get to know yourself most effectively, we advise you to determine your own combination of letters after completing more tests. Of course, in case we can help you with finding the tests or sending links, please email us (email@example.com) or write on our Facebook page. Of course, we can also recommend a test in Hungarian – Intreniq is based in Hungary indeed – but most of the tests are available in English, so please indicate which language you wish to choose.
So the questions is: Which MBTI personality type do you have?
* MBTI = Myers-Brigg Type Indicator
WHAT IS INTRENIQ?
INTRENIQ deals with solving situations that anyone can face day by day.
We help introverts and ambiverts with communication, work-related and body language issues. Our articles and entertaining quizzes help you get to know yourself better.